Consolidated His many discourses conveniently in one place here. Have tried to provide keywords, context contained in each audio so that we can go directly to the links we are interested in. Will update this as and when new content is available.
1) Mahaperiyava Kural Audio CD release at Shankara Nethralaya on Jan 8th 2013
2) Mahaperiyava singing Thevaram: Periyava Kural CD 1 – Track7
Maasil Veenaiyum Maalai Madhiyamum
Veesu thendralum veengila veynilum
Moosu vandarai poygayum ponradhee Eesan endhai inayadi neezhalee.
The shelter under the parallel feet of the God, my boss, is like the nice melody of Veena (Musical Instrument), the early evening moon, pleasant breeze, the Spring, a pond where bees are in making sound.
3) Devi Stuthi : Periyava Kural CD 3 – Track 2
4) Arudhra Darshanam — Part 1
Mahaperiyava singing Appayya Dikshithar’s composition “Moulau ganga shashAnkau!’
Moulau Ganga shashankau, kara caraNa talE shitalanga bhujangaha,
Vame bhaghe dayadra , himagiri tanaya candanam sarvagAtre,
Ittam shitam pabhutam, tava kanakasabha natha sodum kvashaktihi citte nirvida tapte, yadi bhavati na te nitya vaso madlyE.
5) Arudhra Darshanam — Part 2
6) Arudhra Darshanam — Part 3
7) Song on Periyava: Parthukitte Irukka Thonuthu Part 1
8) Song on Periyava: Parthukitte Irukka Thonuthu Part 2
9) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on June 25th, 2012
Woes of Dowry
10) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on July 16th, 2012
Difficulties in life and how to deal with them.
11) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on July 17th, 2012
Vishnu Sahasranamam and Shiva Sahasranamam
12) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on July 18th, 2012
13) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on July 23rd, 2012
Expounding on Adi Shankara’s Soundarya Lahari, stanza 69
Verse 69: Ambal’s three Rehkas on Her throat
gale rekhAs-tisro gati-gamaka-gItaika-nipuNe
trayANAM grAmANAM sthiti-niyama-sImAna iva te // 69 //
14) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on Aug 9th, 2012
15) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on Sep 6th, 2012
Dowry, Devi (Mooka pancha sati)
16) Deivathin Kural: Posted by Shankara TV on Sep 28th, 2012
17) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 1
Avvaiyar, Pillaiyar, Vinayakar Agaval
18) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 2
Pillaiyar, Lord Ganesh
19) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 3
Bhagavad Gita Chapter 18, Stanza 55
yavan yas casmi tattvatah
tato mam tattvato jnatva
bhaktya–by pure devotional service; mam–Me; abhijanati–one can know; yavan–as much as; yah ca asmi–as I am; tattvatah–in truth; tatah–thereafter; mam–Me; tattvatah–by truth; jnatva–knowing; visate–enters; tat-anantaram–thereafter.
One can understand the Supreme Personality as He is only by devotional service. And when one is in full consciousness of the Supreme Lord by such devotion, he can enter into the kingdom of God.
created. This form of Me, as endowed with the various gunas, is not
to be known as the Truth.
21) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 4 Part 2
maya hyesha maya shrishta yan mam pashyasi narada
22) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 6
Developing and sustaining children for Vaideega activities
23) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 7
Developing and sustaining children for Vaideega activities — continued from above
24) Mahaperiyava Speech — Vol 8
Woes of Dowry
25) Mahaperiyava Speech
The currency of Dharma is the only one we can take with us when we go to the other world.
26) Bhagavath Karunyam
Never complain about our diffculties for we do not know the sins we have committed in this and the previous lives. Just pray to Ambal by surrendering to Her.
27) Story of Deepavali — Part 1
28) Story of Deepavali — Part 2
29) Religion conversion
30) Basic Education for the young and the old!
31) Dislike for another Language
32) Sanskrit as National Language — continued from above # 31
33) Kaapalikan — Part 1 (from Adi Shankara’s time)
Adi Shankara’s teachings
34) Kaapalikan — Part 2 (from Adi Shankara’s time)
Adi Shankara’s teachings
35) Padmapaadhar (Adi Shankara’s Sishya)
38) Karthigai Deepam
39) Sustenance of Vedas
40) Sivananda Lahari
ankOlaM nija bIja santatir-ayaskAntOpalaM sUcikA
sAdhvI naija vibhuM latA kshiti-ruhaM sindhuh-sarid-vallabham
prApnOtIha yathA tathA paSu-patEH pAdAravinda-dvayaM
cEtOvRttir-upEtya tishThati sadA sA bhaktir-iti-ucyatE 61
Like the real seed progeny reaches for the mother ankola tree,
Like the iron needle reaches for the load stone.
Like the chaste woman reaches for her lord,
Like the tender creeper reaches for near by trees,
Like the river reaches for the sea,
If the spirit of the mind,
Reaches for the lotus feet of Pasupathi,
And stays there always,
Then that state is called devotion.
(Thanks to Shaivam.org for the above meaning)
He also speaks about Vedas, Upanayanam, Marriages here.
41) Bodhendra Acharyal, Sridhar Ayyaval, Bhagavan Nama Mahimai
42) Kamakshi Kataksham, take care of old temples, then building new ones
Thanks to ton to Subbu for this audio on Bhagavan Nama importance and Kamakshi Kataksham.
More will be added here.
11 thoughts on “Periyava Discourses consolidated”
absolutely brilliant work!
Thanks for your kindness!
Great work . . . may HE shower HIS blessings on you to do lot of such socio-religious works. HARA HARA SHANKARA JAYA JAYA SHANKARA.
Appreciate your nice words.
Really amazing to have it as one package. Hats off to you for the magnificent task which you have been doing for us.
Jaya Jaya Shankara Hara Hara Shankara
Thanks for your kind words!
Superb service in the cause of Maha Periyava! May His Blessings be always with you and spur you for more and more such Divine service! Jaya Jaya Shankara, Hara Hara Shankara!
Thanks a ton for your warm wishes!
You have done a great service to Bhaktas! Thanks a million!! Jaya Jaya Sankara Hara Hara Sankara!
Thanks a bunch for your kind words Shri Subramanian!
Nameskaram, Thanks a million for the consolidation Sri Paracharya discourse Audio n Video to Periyava devotees. Like bring your attention that few of the links eg 10,11,12,13,014,15 and 37; are not available to listen / view. Any opportunity to revive these links. Hara Hara Sankara, Jaya Jaya Sankara.